[TR] Cars in movies & TV

TeriAnn J. Wakeman tjwakeman at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 09:02:03 MST 2013

On 1/2/13 4:20 PM, John Macartney wrote:
> Watched an excellent TV drama programme last night that had a great plot but
> was badly let down by the cars used. Sometimes (though not often) researchers
> really do screw things badly.
That sort of thing spoils a movie or episode for me. There was an
American TV series in the 1990's called JAG.  In one episode one of the
main characters "Harm" met his half brother for the first time in
Chechnya during the**second Chechen war. There was a Russian army arms
convoy driving Land Rover 101 trucks.  That totally distracted me from
the story line.  I Never knew the Russian Army had Land Rovers in
service. 101's seem to be a standard fill in whenever an American movie
company needs Eastern European military cargo trucks.  That's the one
episode that really stands out in my memory.  Just because of the
Russian military Land Rovers.

So am I the only one when watching the classic chase scene in the movie
Bullet pays attention to all the cars parked along the streets of San
Francisco just to see the then common, now uncommon cars parked along
the streets?  MGs, Triumphs big Healeys, all the VW bugs & 356 Porches.

TeriAnn