[TR] aluminum radiators

TeriAnn J. Wakeman tjwakeman at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 16:13:09 MST 2013

On 2/6/13 1:47 PM, KingsCreekTrees at aol.com wrote:
> My understanding is that aluminium radiators not only cool better but last
> much longer. I am delighted with the cooling aspects of my re-cored
> non-aluminium radiator and I am hoping that, with the mileages and care that our
> vehicles are subjected to, an aluminium one may not be necessary.

It helps aluminum radiators if you install a sacrificial anode, make
sure you have a very good ground strap between the engine and frame that
has clean tight connections and use the correct antifreeze.

Now that I have been reminded, I have a used brass TR3 radiator sitting
in the garage for the past 3 years that was re-cored with a thicker core
that is not partially blocked by a starter hole. It has spent 5 or 6
years on the car before it was removed and put in the garage.  As I
remember it was in good dirty condition.  Anyway it is looking for a new
home. If anyone is interested please contact me. It is located in
Flagstaff just off of I-40.

Any proceeds to go to my side curtain rebuilding fund.

TeriAnn