[TR] aluminum radiators

KingsCreekTrees at aol.com KingsCreekTrees at aol.com
Wed Feb 6 13:47:30 MST 2013

I'm changing the topic a bit here, but I had my original radiator re-cored
with a thicker core and no crank hole, only because I fitted a
gear-reduction  starter motor and thought the new starter would be reliable enough that
I would  not need the hole in the radiator.

I always kept the cooling system well-flushed and full of fresh coolant.
The engine now runs much cooler, but I have also incorporated a high-output
water pump from TRF, which is a brilliant product in my opinion.

My understanding is that aluminium radiators not only cool better but last
much longer. I am delighted with the cooling aspects of my re-cored
non-aluminium radiator and I am hoping that, with the mileages and care that our
vehicles are subjected to, an aluminium one may not be necessary.

Tim TR3A TS22930LO