[TR] TR6 Seat frame common problems

Triumph List lgmtr6 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 4 05:48:05 MST 2013

Chris
I've done about 6 sets of TR6 seats and I can say that if the frames aren't
rusty you should be fine. Sand, prime, paint and lubricate the hinges. The
"butt cheek" sticker is to disengage the seat from the rear catch so you can
pull the seat forward and give access to the area behind the seats. You'll
have to fiddle with the adjustment to ensure the seat actually locks down to
the runners. As far as using old covers, I've done it and don't recommend it.
While they may seem in good condition, once you start using them the stitching
gives way and they usually fall apart. Now you end up doing it all over again.
I would recommend replacing them while you have them apart. The old saying of
"do it right or do it twice" has bitten my more than once and it's too big a
job to have to do twice. Also, Victoria British used to have a very nice
booklet on reupholstering TR6 seats which was part of the catalogue. You may
find it posted on line.
Larry Miceli

Sent from my iPhone

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/lgmtr6@yahoo.com