[TR] New Garage

CFM-TR cfmtr3a at verizon.net
Sat Dec 28 10:58:02 MST 2013

btdt....  :0)

But - Chris, go for as large as you can get.   In the case of a garage -
bigger is definitely better.

Not knowing if it is attached or separate from the house - seriously think
about 10' or even 12' walls - especially if a lift is ever a possibility.
the extra height also helps with keeping it cooler in the summer.   Typical
2 car garages are 22x22;  add an extra 10-12' on the back for workspace or
even a separate room (heated and/or a/c'd).  allows for more use during
those hot or cold days.   (but again - keep the decs out.  I lost that
battle and about 4x10')     I built a loft over the back room which is great
for rough storage.   mine is an insulated metal garage - overall is 25x35; 2
doors on short end; room at the back.   3 elect circuits around the
perimeter;  a 4-plug receptacle every 5 ft (every third rec is on the same
circuit) plus a 220 in one corner.  Also a circuit for lights (ten 4'
fluorescents) and another for ceiling fans (4) .  The small room & loft has
3 more circuits; 1 for lights; 1 for rec; & 1 for a/c.  (it's Florida - we
don't have to worry about heat :^) ).  The one thing I am kicking myself
about is no plumbing.   washing up isn't a problem - there is a garden
spigot on the outside of the building but it is a long walk into the house
for...  But the cost would have been much much more.

Just some things for you to think about.   PLUS - she will get the main
garage back for parking her car without fumes, oils spots, a mess in the
corner....

Carl
Great Christmas present.....