[TR] Ye olde dashboard

Chris Simo ccsimonsen at gmail.com
Sat Dec 28 08:08:48 MST 2013

Hi John - I tend to agree with Jack on the plywood, but have seen a few
solid dashes hold up ok (but seen more cracked ones)

I just refinished one for our TR6 that we raffled off for charity and it
had a crack in it - but was able to glue it up and it refinished just fine.

 for me - I recently put veneer over the dash from the 73.  it was mostly
in good shape but was delaminated in places so I glued and clamped those
places back together.  Here's a link - There was a really detailed
instuction out there but i can't find it right now.

http://ffr5355.wordpress.com/about/p-dashboard-construction/

I'll see if I can lay my dash on the scanner and send you some images - you
might beable to print them and see how it fits - enlarge or adjust as
needed.

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of 2013-02-18_19-28-32_684 (1).jpg]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of 2013-02-19_20-59-17_158 (2).jpg]