[TR] TR4 Part Needed

Bob Labuz yellowtr at adelphia.net
Sat Dec 21 15:38:32 MST 2013

Jim,

They are somewhat re-buildable depending on the internals. If the coils
are toast then so is the horn.

I was able to rebuild a set by drilling out the rivets and cleaning the
contacts. But you have to really be careful on reassembly that the metal
disc is not damaged. There is also a gasket that will be toast. You will
need to replace the gasket as it offers some spacing so the metal disc
will vibrate and therefore produce the horn sound.

I chose to replace the rivets with 1/4" screws just in case on
reassembly the horn did not work.

Out of 4 broken horns, I was able to get 2 working and after 5 years
they still work. For how long who knows?

I do see them on Ebay from time to time but the price tends to be a bit
high.

Bob