[TR] OD wiring A-type TR3A

Carl TR cfmtr3a at verizon.net
Sat Dec 7 06:20:03 MST 2013

DanMasters Diagram
Brown			From power to C1 (Control Box A1 or Amp Gauge)
Yellow/Purple		From C2 to Overdrive Solenoid
White			From Power Side of Starter Switch to W1
Yellow/Green		From W2 to Overdrive Switch
Yellow			From Overdrive Switch to Isolator Switches (in
parallel)
Black			From Isolater Switches (in parallel) to Ground

Mine
Brown			From power to C1  (Control Box A1 to Secondary Fuse
Box to C1)
Yellow/purple		From C2 to overdrive solenoid
White			From power side of key switch to inline fuse to
overdrive switch
Yellow/Green		From Overdrive Switch to W1
Yellow			From W2 to Isolater Switches in parellel
Black			From Isolater Switches (in parallel) to Ground

The difference between the two is that I put the switch between the power
and the relay.   Since the relay is mounted on the dash support bar, this
eliminated long runs of white to the relay, Yellow/green to switch, and
yellow to relay.   There is only one long run of yellow/green from the
switch to the relay

Carl
1960 Triumph TR3A - TS81802LO
Tampa, FL