[TR] OD wiring A-type TR3A

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Sat Dec 7 00:25:45 MST 2013

> I have 2 different relays both say they are 6RA the original
> looking one
> has
>
> double C1
>
> single C2
>
> single W1

Look again, Ronnie.  I think you will find that there is a W2 as well as a W1.  6RA relays did come in various configurations, but
the original OD relay should have had C1-C2-W1-W2.

If not, you are going to need to do some detective work to find out how it is actually wired inside.  Use an ohmmeter to find a pair
of terminals that shows around 10-15 ohms resistance.  Those terminals are W1 & W2 (doesn't actually matter which is which).  Double
check that there is no continuity (infinite resistance) between the other pair of terminals.  I would also take the next step of
applying 12v across the W1 & W2 terminals, and check that the other pair of terminals go to zero (or nearly zero) ohms.

White - W1
Brown - C1
YG - W2
YP - C2

If the coil is grounded to the case (as your terminal numbers would seem to indicate), then you'll need to look for a different
relay.

Randall