[TR] tr-3 ignition light on dash

Gary Nafziger nafzigerg at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 20 20:39:33 MDT 2013

I saw a post mentioning a dash ignition light that stayed on and I'm having
the same issue with my tr-3.  I hadn't really considered it significant
because I have been watching all kinds of other issues while breaking in a new
engine.

Is it the voltage regulator that controls this small light?  I have
had one event of weak battery (its a new battery) so I have wondered about the
electrical system.  Checked the dynamo and output fluctuates (due to varying
idle?) between 10-15 volts, so I think that is good.

I'm assuming I should
look into voltage regulator, cutout ect.  The methods for adjusting those look
daunting.  Are these adjustments commonly needed?  Easy to do?
thanks...........gary n.