[TR] TR3 Tonneau Cover

Chris Simo ccsimonsen at gmail.com
Mon Aug 19 09:55:55 MDT 2013

I bought a Robbins tonneau from Topsonline.com for my TR2.

It was a bear to fit - at least an inch too short (ISTR ~1.5-2 inches). I
presume it was made for a later TR2 when the posts were moved to the dash
coping vs in the valance near the windshield.

I put some snaps in, very close to the edge and put the tonneau in a
pillowcase and threw it in the dryer on high for 45 mins. and pulled and
marked 2 to 4 holes.   I put the snaps in and threw it back in the dryer.
put it on - snapped the snaps and proceeded to mark the next 2-4 snaps -
Dry and repeat.

I was able to install it without ripping the tonneau and it's been on and
off several times since.  Sun definately helps. It's very difficult to
remove - those snaps near the windshield and rear view mirror are a PITA.

Chris