[TR] TR3 Tonneau Cover

Dave1massey at cs.com Dave1massey at cs.com
Mon Aug 19 05:33:45 MDT 2013

Indeed.  And it seems you always want to put up the hood or tonneau when
the weather is no longer sunny.

The top on my TR6 fits great!  The history on this top is that it was
purchased by an acquaintance back in the mid 70's but before he could put it on
his car got T-boned and totaled.  So he put it on the shelf.  20+ years later
when I was redoing my TR6 he dug it out and gave it to me.  But the time it
was installed on my car the stretch was gone.  Upholsterers like to set
these things up nice and tight.  A saggy top looks like a sloppy installation.
When you do that with a new top that means stretching it.  But after a few
years and after the elastomers evaporate the top no longer stretches and,
hence, no longer fits.

But when they are made too short to begin with...

Dave