[TR] Au/He 3000 mk3 for sale

TeriAnn J. Wakeman tjwakeman at gmail.com
Sun Aug 18 11:19:24 MDT 2013

On 8/18/13 9:45 AM, spook01 at comcast.net wrote:
> The collapsing dollar is beginning to attract overseas buyers by the boatload.
> I sold two sunbeam tigers, one to Switzerland and the other into France for money well above the US market.
> So, enjoy 'em while you have 'em!

Beginning?  In the 1980s there were a lot of people making a living by
going around and buying every British sports car and Porsche they could
find and reselling them overseas.  For at least a decade exporters were
vacuuming up any British sports car they could find and making good
money after all the export and sales fees were paid.  We went from
British sports cars being everywhere  to rarely seen in a decade.

In the late 1980's I decided I could not keep 3 cars so decided to sell
my 1968 MGBGT.  The BGT had a near fresh engine and overdrive gearbox.
The suspension and steering was in very good condition. The interior was
complete and in good used cosmetic condition.  The body was dent free
and without rust.  BUT the paint was wearing thin.  You could see the
primer showing under the colour in places. Because of the worn paint no
one who looked at it wanted to pay more than $1000 for the car.  I ended
up selling it to a retiring Australian university professor for almost
twice my original asking price.  He saw the straight rust free body and
nearly fresh drive train and thought it a good buy.  I would have
preferred to keep it in the States but no one wanted to pay for the car
and for having it painted.

Most of our cars are already in Europe, Australia and Japan.

TeriAnn