[TR] Overheating Question

Andrew Uprichard auprichard at uprichard.net
Sun Apr 28 14:29:12 MDT 2013

If there is lots of water when you pull the valve cover, there is likely to
be lots in the sump, too.  But before you pull the head, check the aluminum
plug in the head:  I once had a similar problem after an engine rebuild and
it turned out the plug had disintegrated and was leaking (and I hadn't
replaced it).  It's a much quicker and cheaper fix than just about all of
the others causes.

Andrew Uprichard