[TR] Question on gear reduction starter wiring

Dave Connitt dconnitt at fuse.net
Sat Apr 27 20:27:24 MDT 2013

List,
I have a gear reduction starter that I had bought several years ago from TSI
automotive and am just now wireing it up. I would have written Ted with this
question but I am hoping I can get an answer yet this weekend.
Does anyone know if these starters need a external starter solenoid or is the
small one wire connector controlling a internal starter solenoid? I don't know
if I can run a battery cable directly to this starter or if I need a starter
relay?
Thanks,
Dave Connitt