[TR] TR3A Starter Solenoid buzzing

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Tue Apr 23 16:10:02 MDT 2013

---- terryrs at comcast.net wrote:
> I'm sure it means the starter is going bad anyway, but seems that there is some connection between very cold (30's) temps and the starter kicking in.
>
> ...Or is he off base with this?

Certainly possible.  But my experience (back when I lived where it got cold) was that the engine would frequently fire once (kicking the starter drive out) and then fail to start.  I would have to back off the starter button, wait for it to stop spinning, then try again.  My buddy's MGA did the same thing.  It happened much less often in warm weather (but still occasionally).  Not a sign of a failing starter as far as I could see.

Randall