[TR] HVDA conversion Day 3

Will Daehler will.daehler at gmail.com
Wed Apr 17 09:46:35 MDT 2013

I am stuck, in unfamiliar territory.  I have a TR4, and am using a bent
fingered TR6 pressure plate with lightened flywheel of very uncertain
pedigree.

Shouldn't there be some dowel pins on the flywheel which would serve to
perfectly center the pressure plate?

I am dry fitting them together, I have six holes in the pressure plate
lining up perfectly with the tapped holes in the flywheel. but pressure
plate holes are oversized clearance holes.

None of the extra smaller diameter holes in the pressure plate line up with
any of the extra existing holes in this flywheel.

Please advise, should I have a machinist balance and drill me some holes for
dowel pins? Or is this plastic clutch alignment tool supposed to work a
miracle?

Will Daehler

63 TR4