[TR] Electric Fuel Pump Placement?

Chris Simo ccsimonsen at gmail.com
Tue Apr 16 12:10:36 MDT 2013

I used the facet fuel pump and mounted it via rubber shock mounts to the
fuel pump blanking plate on the side of the engine - The hole spacing
matched the pump mount spacing almost exactly.

I bought  some MG exhaust system mounts (with rubber isolators) as I
figured they would hold up to the heat from the engine.  I'm happy with it
and the location made it pretty easy to plumb and wire up.   I went to the
junkyard and got a few ford taurus inerita switches (left side of the trunk
under the cardboard).   Since these were originally located inside the car
- I bought some TR3  starter solenoid button rubber covers and used that to
cover the top of the inertial switch to keep rain and crud out.. i also
painted some of the black rubber electrical insulation stuff along the
seams for extra protection. So far no issues.