[TR] Electric Fuel Pump Placement?

Bob Labuz yellowtr at adelphia.net
Tue Apr 16 08:38:32 MDT 2013

Bill,

This was discussed a few years back and the majority feel the electric
pump is best mounted as close to the gas tank outlet as possible.

So I mounted my pump on the 3 sort of in the outside lower back of the
spare tire compartment on the drivers side. I made a 2 wire harness that
runs down the drivers compartment and out one of the rubber plugs beside
the gas tank.

I used Lucar connections on the pump wiring covered with that exterior
wire harness plastic available at any FLAPS on the harness as it exits
the body.

I replaced the fuel pump with one of those blanking plates made by one
of the members here and then on top of that, I made a steel plate for a
fuel regulator.

Inline filter before the pump and before the regulator.

Output of regulator to the standard fuel line (minus the fuel pump fitting).

Power comes from the coil.

Some members have left the fuel pump in, but since it was always a PITA
always leaking etc., I decided to replace with a blank and regulator.

Others have installed some sort of cut off switch between power and the
pump to turn off power in case of an accident.

I went with the FACET pump on my 3,4 and 6 and they work great.

Bob