[TR] engine stands

Bob Labuz yellowtr at adelphia.net
Fri Apr 12 13:26:22 MDT 2013

Andrew,

I used the 1K stand for both my TR4 and TR6 engines. Didnt have the
transmissions mounted. They worked really good. Rotate etc. I also
loaned it to a friend who used it for a 200CC Ford Mustang 6 CYL with no
problems.

When it came time to mount the transmission, I just hooked the engine up
to my chain-fall and then lowered the engine on a pallet where I
assembled the clutch and transmission prior to installation into the
engine.

If you have your transmission mounted to the engine, how will you attach
the stand to the engine?

The attachment points are on the rear of the engine with flywheel off. 4
long bolts hold the engine to the stand.

Bob