[TR] Thermostats

Dixie4 dixie4.wales at virgin.net
Tue Apr 9 10:30:23 MDT 2013

I did say it was on a personal note as I have never had much luck with the
bellows variety, almost every car I bought in my younger days had a faulty
one. It does make you think why there was an almost universal change to wax
type thermostats in the sixties. Could be cheaper to manufacture or just new
improved. I do not know the answer.
Randall has pointed out that the bellows type open slower so this may be a
factor to take into account.
As an aside I do not remember seeing a production skirted wax type
thermostat. I am sure someone will tell me if I am mistaken.

Adrian