[TR] Goodparts adjustable brackets - question

Mark Hooper mhooper at indiefilmnet.com
Wed Apr 3 17:54:00 MDT 2013

I've been considering the adjustable trailing arm brackets sold by Goodparts
for my 72 TR6. They should allow me to get things lined up without crazy
shimming. During the frame repairs I did about 20 years ago I replaced the
rear and bottom sides of the trailing arm frame sections with lengths of 3"
angle iron. (I seem to recall shouting at the sky "Rust that you son of a
b...!") Anyway, the right side camber is a bit off on one side and the tire
seems to be farther out than on the left. I'd thought I might have the body on
the frame a bit off, but things seem OK. Thus, the adjustable brackets look
like a good idea.

Can anybody opine on their experiences with this mod? Do they stay in
position? Solidly made etc?

Mark Hooper

1972 TR6