[TR] TR4, Fuel pump,and Flagstaff

Dennis Culligan dctr6 at optonline.net
Thu Sep 20 09:55:36 MDT 2012

"Lee&John Howard" wrote:

>snip

> the lever fell into the crankcase!

I don't know if the oil pans on the TR4 and TR6 are at all alike but when
the fuel pump lever broke off and dropped into the pan on my TR6 at the VTR
event in Rockford, IL (MANY years ago), while preparing to put the car up on
ramps and drop the pan, someone (I think it was one R. John Lye) suggested
getting a magnet on a stick and poking around through the drain hole.  We
did that and the lever came right out! No pan drop, no new gasket, no
problem. YMMV.

Dennis Culligan, Highland, NY / 1976 TR6 CF57948U