[TR] TR3 Rattle

terryrs at comcast.net terryrs at comcast.net
Sat Sep 15 15:59:24 MDT 2012

One last thing.  I'd lived with this annoyance for the past 10 years, since I'd restored the car...a rattle from the front that I just couldn't locate.

Recently I started the engine with the hood up and noticed the vibration on the bonnet duzies.  I'd thought that cranking down on them to close the bonnet would have dampered any rattle, but apparently not the case.  I put a rubber o-ring under the washer beneath the duzie and the rattle has disappeared.  The car is actually now purring quietly down the road.

I didn't think it was possible.  Probably shouldn't be and I'm tempting the Triumph gods....

Terry Smith, '59 TR3A
New Hampshire