[TR] seat tracks

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Wed Sep 5 23:57:29 MDT 2012

> Just put my new seat tracks in (tr-3) and tightened them down
> but sliding the
> seat on was a chore.  I also find they don't slide back and
> forth very well at
> all.  I'm slightly disappointed but think over time things
> will get better.
> Just wondering if others have had the same thing happen.

Yup, that's been my experience with both old and new tracks.

One of the issues appears to be that the tracks don't wind up parallel, on
both the floor and the seat.  I haven't found a good solution, but I'm
tempted to make a dummy seat with holes, so the bolts into the floor could
be left loose until the dummy seat was installed to hold the tracks in the
proper location.

-- Randall