[TR] 89mm pistons & liners

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Tue Oct 9 17:02:46 MDT 2012

---- Allen Hess <allenhess at mgcarclub.com> wrote:
> Has anyone used the 89mm piston and liner set? (available from Moss
> and BPNW) It would be for a "street" engine and the improved piston
> design and made in the UK

I haven't installed mine yet, but it sounds like maybe you have a different set than I do.  Do Moss & BPNW really claim they are made in the UK?

I got mine from BFE (who didn't recommend them for street use) and AFAIK all the components were made right here in the USA.  Deves piston rings, Venolia pistons, and custom liners by LA Sleeve.  I don't recall if Ken said where the gaskets came from, but I wouldn't be surprised if they were made by GasketWorks.  These are all very well respected companies, practically legendary in the high performance engine parts business.

Randall