[TR] How hot is too hot?

Dave1massey at cs.com Dave1massey at cs.com
Sat Oct 6 08:09:45 MDT 2012

First and foremost, can you trust your temperture gauge?  Have you checked
it against a known standard?  If you can borrow a thermocouple gauge place
the thermocouple on the thermostat housing and see if it reads differntly.

Second, what is the opening temperature of the thermostat?  If the temp
stays consistantly in the 195 - 200 range and the gauge is accurate I have
suspect the thermostat.  Real cooling issues will come a go based on driving
conditions and ambient temperature.

Dave