[TR] what is the most stressful thing to do on a Triumph?

John Macartney flywheelcoventry1 at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Nov 27 14:01:27 MST 2012

AFAIK, Rimmjer is a British Motor Heritage authorised stockist and can source
the so-called 'off original tools' parts from BMH. I guess they can also
source non-BMH 'will(sort of) fit' stuff from other suppliers. Additionally,
how many re-shapes / mods / whatevers did the MGB undergo in its 500,000+
model life? And in the middle of all that, you have the human factor of
incorrect part labelling / computer failures et al. After 40 years in the
parts business, anything can happen and usually does.

Jonmac

PS NFI or any
other involvement with Rimmers or anyone else

<308gtsi at roadrunner.com>
November 2012, 19:59
>Subject: Re: [TR] what is the most stressful thing to do
on a Triumph?

>Most frustrating thing for me on ANY car I restore is
crappy replacement
>body panels! I haven't found one source yet that can
supply decent (I didn't
>say perfect did I?) panels that I don't have to
slice, dice, and reshape.
>Case in point - I ordered a rear valance for my '63
MGB from Rimmer (figured
>it was close enough to the source to get it right)
and ended up having to
>totally reshape it to get the correct curve in it. No,
it wasn't just a
>little off - the curvature of the panel was so far off that
didn't allow the
>bumper to fit and I could stick my hand in the gap between
the boot lid and
>the edge. Dog legs, fender repair panels, and so on - all
the same crappy
>work.
>
>Seems to make sense to buy a shrinker / stretcher
and make my own panels.

triumphs at autox.team.net **

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/flywheelcoventry1@yahoo.co.uk