[TR] TR3A Steering Wheel ALighnment

Bbeecher@flash.net wbeech at flash.net
Sun Nov 25 09:52:43 MST 2012

Sent from mobile Bill

On Nov 25, 2012, at 9:44 AM, suhringtr36 at comcast.net wrote:

I am going to be doing some adjustments on my 59 TR3A over the winter. One
task on the list is the alignment of my steering wheel. When I am driving
straight, my steering wheel is off center to the left by a good 20 degrees. I
have a split shaft column.  Is this corrected as simply as undoing the clamp
on the split column and rotating the upper column in tack to align the wheel
and then reclamping the split, or is there more to the process?  Do I need to
disengage the stator tube first? Thanks.

Scott Suhring
Mechanicsburg, PA
'70 TR6
'59 TR3A