[TR] TR3A Steering Wheel ALighnment

suhringtr36 at comcast.net suhringtr36 at comcast.net
Sun Nov 25 08:44:03 MST 2012

I am going to be doing some adjustments on my 59 TR3A over the winter. One task on the list is the alignment of my steering wheel. When I am driving straight, my steering wheel is off center to the left by a good 20 degrees. I have a split shaft column.  Is this corrected as simply as undoing the clamp on the split column and rotating the upper column in tack to align the wheel and then reclamping the split, or is there more to the process?  Do I need to disengage the stator tube first? Thanks.

Scott Suhring
Mechanicsburg, PA
'70 TR6
'59 TR3A