[TR] fuel gage

Dave1massey at cs.com Dave1massey at cs.com
Mon Nov 19 05:40:20 MST 2012

The classic test is to remove the wire from the sending unit and ground it
and see if the gauge moves.  If it does it eliminates just about everything
else in the circuit including the wire run from the tank.

Odds are it is the sending unit.  That is the most common failure.  Either
that or the electrical connections.  Check them as well.  That would be the
cheap fix if that is what it is.  There is the connection to the tank and
the ground connection.  Both are important.

Dave