[TR] Replacing clutch master in a TR4

dmericas at austin.rr.com dmericas at austin.rr.com
Tue Nov 13 06:11:29 MST 2012

Cosmo --

I did the deed last weekend with no particular drama using a 1/2" socket and
the shortest 1/4" drive ratchet and extension I own.  The greatest challenge
was getting the bottom bolt started for reassembly.  Chasing the threads with
a tap helped.  The suggestion to leave the mounting bolts loose before
attaching the hydraulic line was also very helpful. Since I was replacing the
MC I didn't need to worry about disassembly of the unit itself.

Amazingly, my pressure bleeder cap fit the new MC perfectly and bleeding the
system was a snap.

Thanks again to this community for the technical support.

Dean
1965 TR4
1974 2000 GTV
1976 Giulia Nuova Super 2L