[TR] Replacing clutch master in a TR4

Cosmo Kramer tr4a2712 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 12 19:50:53 MST 2012

Message: 5
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2012 9:15:16 -0500
From: <dmericas at austin.rr.com>
To: triumphs at autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] Replacing clutch master in a TR4

I need to replace the clutch MC in my TR4. I seem
to recall doing this job long ago without taking out the pedal box as the shop
manual suggests is required.

Can anyone comment on how hard it is to replace
the MC without removing the brake MC and pedal assembly?

Thanks.

Dean
1965
TR4
-------------------------
Hi Dean!
Well I did this this past summer for
a friend. you'll need a 1/2" socket (I think that's the size), a Short
Extension, & a Ratchet. Work on the bottom bolt first in removing the MC &
revers it when installing it. Now if you are really patient, you can remove
the circle clip & NOT remove the fork & rod hardware.

No IF you feel you
have to remove BOTH, then E-mail me & I'll tell you how to remove the Brake MC
so you Do NOT have to bleed the brake system.

I'm planning on having this
thread (Removing Brake MC without having to bleed the system) in my 2nd
edition of my manual (Cosmo's TR4/A E-mail Repair Manual). I just have to get
around to install pictures for easier comprehension.
-Cosmo Kramer