[TR] door issues

Dave dave at ranteer.com
Mon Nov 12 20:22:52 MST 2012

I actually have a problem with two different cars

first, the 63 tr4, which I acquired about a year ago, and had sat for 20+
years in a shed, the driver side door is stuck.  its almost closed, slightly
ajar.  this happened twice.  the first time, we pulled on the inside door
handle and it opened.  then it got shut again, and now its stuck.  I'm going
to guess I have to pull the door panel, and hope I can pull the wire and the
latch?  any instructions for removing the panel?  never done that.  on any
car.  ever.

second car - 75 spitfire - (we acquired this car really cheap, runs and
drives, had to do floorpans, etc.,  and my son is getting it) - the door
opens and closes just fine.  sort of.  sometimes the external handle works,
sometimes it doesn't.  the inside always works.  let me guess - another door
panel to remove?  some adjustment on the outside handle?  or is it the latch
on the b post?

thanks!