[TR] Non-OEM wire harnesses

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Thu May 17 08:44:16 MDT 2012

> I am asking if anyone has had any experience good or bad
> installing any other
> non-OEM wire harness, hopefully in a TR4A.

Just curious, Dave, why does it have to be an aftermarket harness?

I find that the original harness meets perhaps 3/4 of my needs; and it's not
difficult to fabricate your own for whatever modifications _you_ want.  For
example, here is a modification that the AA harness does not support:
http://goo.gl/xVR2q

(My TR3 is modified so the corner lights in the rear act as both brake
lights and turn signals.  No changes to the original harness.)

-- Randall