[TR] Slow idle drop

G.D. Huggins guy at genfiniti.com
Mon May 7 14:42:14 MDT 2012

Ed,

I've had this happen for two different reasons.

The first was that the advance on the dizzy just wouldn't "let go", so the
idle range stayed in the advance range.
This meant I had to retard the timing a bit so that the car could idle
normally.

The second involved the choke linkage.  Eventually I learned to tighten BOTH
the throttle linkage and the choke linkage with the engine running, so I would
notice any idle changes as I tightened.
This assumes the choke cable is already in and tight.

Hope it helps.

On May 7, 2012, at 1:30 PM, Ed Oot wrote:

> I recently installed professionally rebuilt ZS carbs on late TR6 engine.
I'm

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/guy@genfiniti.com