[TR] Slow idle drop

Ed Oot eoot at citlink.net
Mon May 7 12:30:15 MDT 2012

I recently installed professionally rebuilt ZS carbs on late TR6 engine. I'm
having an issue I hope to get some advice on.  After running at speed, say
2500 to 3000 rpm, and then coming to stop, the rpm is very slow to drop to
normal idle.  I would say it takes about 10 seconds to settle down. The
problem is also evident when up shifiting, as the rpm stays high between
gears.  I have inspected the linkage and don't find that it is hanging up
anywhere. Is it possible though that it could be something with the way I
reinstalled the linkage?  Or could it be that the vacumn advance is not
functioning properly, or????

Looking forward to suggestions.
TIA
Ed