[TR] Seat belt selection and attachment tr2

Andrew S. Mace zoboherald at aol.com
Tue Mar 27 13:41:45 MDT 2012

 The eye bolts should be fine, but I'd get a new set of belts to fit to them,
unless those TR4 belts are a: NOS and b: have been stored in a
climate-controlled dark spot since new. The only "factory" recommendations
I've ever seen for belt mounts all pertain to the post-TS60000 bodies. I
suspect that the strongest areas of metal for locating those eye bolts might
be the propeller shaft tunnel and the side inner structure behind the door "B"
post. The only question I'd have about the propeller shaft tunnel would be
clearance with a spinning propeller shaft. I don't know these cars well enough
to know what sort of structure comprises that inner body area behind the door,
but  -- at worst -- there should be decent access to the area to add any
necessary reinforcement.

Andover Restraints has a great selection of belts as well as mounting and
reinforcing hardware, including almost as many colors of webbing as there are
Crayola crayons! :) I've been happy with belts I've bought from them, but
there are many, many other suppliers out there.

--Andy Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so much of a jet, it's more your, er, Triumph
Herald engine with wings.

Triumph 10 / Herald / Sports 6 vehicle consultant, The Vintage Triumph
Register: http://www.vtr.org

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6) and Triumph Herald
Database: http://triumph-herald.us