[TR] Dome oil

Mark Hooper mhooper at indiefilmnet.com
Wed Mar 21 11:53:00 MDT 2012

Hi Allen:

I'll have a go at that one.

Keeping the piston down as the butterfly valve is opened will increase the
vacuum in the carb body. Depending on the design, that could act to directly
suck more fuel up the passage around the needle, rather than depending on the
Venturi effect alone from the air rushing past the piston bottom. That assumes
there is no inbound limit on the air vent of the fuel bowl.

Of course, perhaps needle profile could use the Venturi effect alone, due to
some non-uniform fuel/air ration versus vacuum at specific piston heights.

There's my guess.

Cheers,

Mark Hooper
1972 TR6