[TR] Radiator Caps

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Sat Mar 17 13:02:01 MDT 2012

> So, If I read this thread correctly I should have no problems
> switching to a
> 7lb or even 10lb cap in my 1958 TR3 or the 1962 TR engined
> Morgan

I do have one caveat : I had a bit of a run of radiator hose failures that
might possibly be related to the increased pressure.  I think they were
probably due to other factors (eg bad motor mounts, radiator shop forcing
hose off and on without removing Tstat housing, etc) but I don't know for
sure.  I'm currently trying out one of the "heavy duty" upper hoses from
Gates, rather than the previous cloth-covered reproductions of the original
hose.

-- Randall