[TR] Oil Dispensing Gun

Gary Klein tr6.guy at verizon.net
Fri Mar 16 14:57:22 MDT 2012

Oil?  Why would you still want to use oil?  I stopped using oil in the
trunnions when I rebuilt the front end of my 6 and migrated to a modern,
synthetic grease.  10 years later, no problems and an oil-free floor!

Gary
'80 TR8 w/ A/C
'75 TR6
Severn, MD
Digest

triumphs at autox.team.net>
> Subject: [TR] Oil Dispensing Gun
<mailto:716475976.138081.1331910775669.JavaMail.root at sz0058a.westchester.pa.
mail.comcast.net>
716475976.138081.1331910775669.JavaMail.root at sz0058a.westchester.pa.mail.com
cast.net>

> List,
>
> I've tired of loading a standard grease gun with oil only to have it leak
more oil than it delivers to a grease fitting. Where can I find an
> oil dispensing gun with a standard grease fitting at a reasonable price,
like under $30, if such a thing exists. McMaster-Carr has them
> at $68 and up. Is that the going price? As suggested in previous
discussions on this List, I've tried the local boat dealer, only to be