[TR] Oil Dispensing Gun

Jeff fishplate at charter.net
Fri Mar 16 14:16:26 MDT 2012

On 3/16/2012 11:56 AM, Tom & Marge FitzGibbon wrote:
> I bought what you are describing on ebay a few years ago and it worked like a charm and was inexpensive. This link is similar, but mine came with a grease fitting on the end. I think mine also came with a flexible hose I can use in place of the rigid tube on the end, but I wouldn't swear to it. Maybe this will even allow you to unscrew the tube at the knurled ring in the photo and add your own flexible hose from a grease gun .http://www.ebay.com/itm/High-Pressure-Oil-Can-Gun-Pump-Spout-New-Tools-Grease-/120863445792?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c2405d320#ht_2933wt_903

I went that route, using the oil can from Harbor Freight.  Worked great
for about two minutes, then the trigger folded up.  Straightened it out,
and now the can pumps nothing.

You can get that can regularly on sale at HF for $3 or $4, but I'm going
to my boat dealer next time my trunnions need oiling.

Jeff Scarbrough
Corrosion Acres, Ga.