[TR] Oil Dispensing Gun

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Fri Mar 16 10:36:58 MDT 2012

> I've tried the local boat dealer, only to be told that such a
> thing does not
> exist.

Mine said much the same thing.  And yet ...
http://goo.gl/dYhxT

Although it is designed for grease, mine leaks very little (almost none)
when used with gear oil in the matching tube.  Mercury also sells a special
"water resistant, copper compatible" gear oil in the tube that should work
well in TR trunnions.

Unfortunately, I sold the Sports 6 before being able to give a report on how
well it actually worked.  I still use grease in the TR3 trunnions (as
recommended by the factory).

-- Randall