[TR] Morgan Factory in Malvern - Advice Needed. No Triumph Content

Robert Jones rjones at wfeca.net
Thu Mar 15 08:14:18 MDT 2012

Bill:

I would suggest that before you go you pick up a copy and read "The First and
Last of the Real Sports Cars" by Gregory Houston Bowden.  It usually can be
obtained used on Amazon for $10.00 or so.  This is the first of many Morgan
books published in the last 40 years (1973) and gives a good picture of the
factory and the production process from the beginning to the early 70's.
Although the factory is in the same place now as it was then, much has
changed.  However, reading the book will give you a real historical
prospective to help you on your visit.  Although I have never been to Malvern,
every time I take a ride or work on my 1961 Plus 4 or read a book about Morgan
I am taken there.  I can just see my Morgan being pushed from one shed to the
took as long as five months.  Only 222 Plus 4's were made in 1961 and
everyones a treasure,

Bob
On Mar 15, 2012, at 5:40 AM, John Macartney wrote:

> Bill Brewer wrote:
>
>     I am considering flying from California to UK to
> visit the Morgan factory
> in Malvern Link with a friend. I see that the
> factory gives tours & rents cars
> out by the day and we would hope to drive
> around the countryside in a new
> Morgan.
>     I have a variety of questions
> for my UK list friends.
>
> 1. We would go in the off-season, before or after the
> tourist season. Which time
> would be better, late spring or early fall?
>
> In
> this part of the country, Bill (near Malvern) we don't have an 'off'
tourist
> season. Being so close to Stratford upon Avon, tourists are a daily
feature.
> You don't notice it all that much because we're all packed together like
> canned fish anyway.
>
> 2. How does one get from London or Heathrow to Malvern
> Link? Are there trains or
> buses?
>
> The best way is a brief train ride into
> London from either Gatwick or Heathrow airports. Then go to London
Paddington

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/rjones@wfeca.net