[TR] Morgan Factory in Malvern - Advice Needed. No Triumph Content

John Macartney flywheelcoventry1 at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Mar 15 04:40:14 MDT 2012

Bill Brewer wrote:

     I am considering flying from California to UK to
visit the Morgan factory
in Malvern Link with a friend. I see that the
factory gives tours & rents cars
out by the day and we would hope to drive
around the countryside in a new
Morgan.
     I have a variety of questions
for my UK list friends.

1. We would go in the off-season, before or after the
tourist season. Which time
would be better, late spring or early fall?

In
this part of the country, Bill (near Malvern) we don't have an 'off' tourist
season. Being so close to Stratford upon Avon, tourists are a daily feature.
You don't notice it all that much because we're all packed together like
canned fish anyway.

2. How does one get from London or Heathrow to Malvern
Link? Are there trains or
buses?

The best way is a brief train ride into
London from either Gatwick or Heathrow airports. Then go to London Paddington
main line station, where you can get trains direct to Malvern. Usually run
about hourly and journey time around 2.5 hours.

3. We would like to do "guy"
things like the Imperial War Museum. Any other
suggestions?

Plenty.
Unfortunately you haven't stated how long you plan to stay, whether you intend
to be dependent on public transport or if you want to rent a car.

4. Are
there any tours where people take a bus to the factory for a day from
somewhere else?

Not as far as I'm aware.

5. Anywhere else we should visit
from Malvern Link? Dublin perhaps? My grandpa
was from Burkenhead, but I
think that it was pretty dreary.

See answer to Q3. IMHO, Birkenhead is a
dump at any time of day or year. Dublin at least has the Guinness Brewery,
plenty of pubs and things to do.

6. I'll probably have to join the Morgan
list and ask those guys, but thought
that I would start on my home list
first.

We few Brits who inhabit this list like to 'rally to the call' on the
rare occasions we're asked to do so :)

Jonmac