[TR] soldering

Dave Connitt dconnitt at fuse.net
Sun Mar 4 08:55:21 MST 2012

Gary,
 Use 63/37 resin core solder. The numbers denote the tin/lead content. You
should be able to pick it up at your local radio shack. Don't use anything
larger than .060 diameter. I am not sure that plumbing solder has a flux
core and you really need that to solder electrical connections. Your
soldering iron should be sufficient to solder wires to terminals.
Also, make sure your solder tip is clean and tinned. Get yourself a small
sponge (also from Radio Shack) and drag the hot soldering iron over the wet
sponge then apply solder to the tip. Repeat until the entire tip is nice and
shiny solder coated. Excuse me for telling you this if you already know you
must tin your iron but just in case...
Dave Connitt
'67 TR4A IRS
http://home.fuse.net/davestr4a