[TR] Headlight replacement

TeriAnn J. Wakeman tjwakeman at gmail.com
Sat Mar 3 09:25:02 MST 2012

 > My advice is to stick to known brands be it Cibie, Marchal,Bosch,
Lucas, Marelli. There is junk out there, beware.

 > Dave

On top of that recommendation I would also recommend Hella and IPF
conversions as well.  I have IPF lamps on my 1960 Land Rover and am very
happy with them.  The cut off line for these lamps are very sharp and
they have a diagonal cutoff at the right side of the lamp that
illuminates street signs as well as pedestrians/animals alongside the road.

The TR3 has genuine Lucas PL-700 lamps that work well as well.  But not
quite as well as the IPF lights.

I once had the Moss fake PL-700 lamps which were the poorest functioning
lamps I've ever had.  Get real and get quality.  One of these days you
might get caught out after dark.

Teriann