[TR] Rear spring issues TR3A

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Sat Jun 30 23:02:20 MDT 2012

> Randall will suggest lubricating between the leaves and my
> guess is that's a
> good place to start. I think he even installed some thin
> Nylon between
> leaves which is even better,

Correct on both points, except that on TeriAnn's suggestion I used a plastic
known as UHMW (ultra high molecular weight polyethylene).  UHMW is both
slicker and stronger than nylon (also stronger than Teflon which was my
first choice).  P/N 76445A24 @
http://www.mcmaster.com

It made a noticeable difference.  You'll never get a TR3 to ride like a
Cadillac, but at least it doesn't resemble a lumber wagon any more!

Might also be worth checking your rear shocks.  They have a tendency to come
loose on the mounts, and for the rubber in the end links to go away.  I've
also seen them fail such that they would not move.

Randall