[TR] Rear spring issues TR3A

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Sat Jun 30 23:02:20 MDT 2012

> Sorry, I'm not Randall but:

Actually, I think that's a wonderful arrangement, nothing to be sorry about!
<G>

Not sure what happened, but my reply seems to have been lost.  As Jerry
said, after checking out the shocks, I'd look at the springs next.  If not
kept oiled on a regular basis, they can rust between the leaves and transmit
every little bump to the car.  The book recommends used motor oil, but fresh
will do.

Based on TeriAnn's advice, I installed "UHMW" (ultra high molecular weight
polyethylene) tape between the leaves.  MMC P/N 76445A24 is enough to do two
cars.  The ride improvement was noticeable and so far, at least, it seems to
be holding up well.  The only caveat is that the rear shocks become more
important without all that friction in the springs.

-- Randall