[TR] Subject: Re: Lug nut torque spec - TR4

Catpusher at aol.com Catpusher at aol.com
Thu Jun 21 22:35:10 MDT 2012

Brad,

(bad Assume joke deleted)  The TR4 factory torque is 45 - 55 Lbs.  ft. for
the OEM wheels.  Exceeding this on standard wheels can cause  wheel failure,
as the OEM TR6 wheels are different, as are the TR6  & IRS rear studs and
hubs.

I ran the 55 Lbs. ft. figure for alloy wheels that Mr. R. W. Kastner
recommended in his TR3/4 comp prep books, and it worked very well on our  TR3 for
25+ seasons of SCCA  racing with slicks, as well as the flat  towing part
of this.

btw: the factory TR6 workshop manual specifies "60 to 80 Lbf.ft"

Hi To Susan!

TR Regards,

Hardy

In a message dated 6/21/2012 11:06:28 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,